Let’s face it, not many people would look forward to having a tooth pulled. But sometimes it’s necessary. And the fact is that teeth extractions are common procedures and are typically very routine. The process itself is relatively quick, as is recovery time for most patients. Extractions are one of many services Dr. Kaliher offers to his Austin, TX area patients.
Top Reasons to Visit Trey Kaliher General Dentistry for Teeth Extractions
- Dr. Kaliher offer patients a variety of sedation methods to make his patients feel as comfortable and stress-free as possible before, during and after the procedure
- Dr. Kaliher and the staff at our Austin, TX office are accustomed to working with patients of all ages – from the youngest member of the family to the most senior
- Dr. Kaliher provides patients with a complete set of instructions to help them recover at home as quickly and seamlessly as possible
What You Need to Know about Extractions
Almost everyone would agree – including most dentists – that it’s nearly always preferable to keep your own natural teeth. But there are certain situations when Dr. Kaliher is most likely to recommend extractions. Those include the following circumstances:
- The pulp of the tooth has become infected the condition cannot be resolved with a root canal
- Patients with challenged immune systems (better to extract teeth than risk infection)
- Patients who have loose teeth due to gum disease
- Patients with a condition called “crowded mouth,” meaning that there is not enough room in the mouth for all the teeth
While it’s true that the idea of teeth extractions may sound daunting to many people, the process itself is not nearly as bad as the worry and anticipation patients feel beforehand. Dr. Kaliher and his staff can make sure that patients are as comfortable as possible during the procedure, and that they recover quickly at home afterwards.
Contact our Austin, TX Office Today
For more information about teeth extractions, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kaliher, contact our office today. We would be glad to welcome you and your family to our family of patients in the Austin, TX area!