Teeth whitening has become increasingly popular over the past few years. That’s no surprise considering the wide variety of products available over-the-counter. But the truth is that OTC products don’t whiten nearly as well as professional whitening products available through your dentist’s office. Because so many patients want to whiten their teeth, Dr. Kaliher provides several different teeth whitening options to his Austin, TX area patients.
Top Reasons to Visit Trey Kaliher General Dentistry for Teeth Whitening
- Whitening your teeth is one of the easiest, least expensive ways to achieve the beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed about
- Dr. Kaliher offers his patients at-home whitening kits so you can whiten your teeth at your own convenience, in the comfort and privacy of your own home
- Teeth whitening kits are very reasonably priced compared to many other cosmetic dentistry procedures
What You Should Know about Teeth Whitening
Many studies have been done over the past several years that show that an attractive smile significantly helps in boosting your self-esteem and self-confidence. While other cosmetic dentistry procedures may involve several trips to the dentist office and out-of-pocket expenses that may not be in your budget, teeth whitening is a relatively quick, inexpensive way to achieve a whiter smile – and that can lead a more self-confidence and feeling better about yourself.
Over-the-counter whitening products may somewhat improve the appearance of your teeth, but they never work as well as professional products provided by your dentist. There are two reasons for this:
- Your dentist will create a custom-made tray for the whitening agent, one that will fit well and allow more complete coverage of your teeth, and;
- The whitening agent provided by your dentist’s office is typically much stronger than anything you can buy over-the-counter.
Important Reminders about Teeth Whitening
There are many advantages to teeth whitening, but it’s not for everyone. People who have sensitive teeth may find that the agent used in teeth whitening kits will increase that sensitivity for a short time during and after the whitening process. Also, the whitening agent won’t work on dental restorations, such as tooth-colored fillings, crowns, etc. And, finally, whitening doesn’t last forever, so you will occasionally have to repeat the process for best results.
Call Our Austin, TX Office Today
For more information about teeth whitening, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kaliher, contact our Austin, TX office today.